This story, which was posted on abc.net.au, shows how the unexpected can happen.

A man has lost his arm after a beer keg he was tapping exploded at a bowling club in Newcastle.

Police, fire crews and paramedics were called to the Bar Beach Bowling Club just after 8:00pm last night and quickly evacuated 40 staff and patrons from the venue.

Chief Inspector Dean Olsen said the 23-year-old staff member was releasing the air from a beer keg when it exploded.

“The information that we have got from witnesses is that an explosion occurred in the cool room or store room of the club,” he said.

Click here for the  full story